Chapter Book 5 --- The Case of the Bicycle Bandit

Title: The Case of the Bicycle Bandit
Author: James Preller
Illustrator: Jamie Smith
Genre: Mystery and Suspense, Series
Sub Genre: Chapter Book
Theme: Detectives, Friendship, Family
Characters: Jigsaw, Ralphie, Mila, Justin, Snarkster, Geetha, David Chang, Mr. Pickles
Awards: N/A
Publishing Date: 2001
Publishing Company: Scholastic, Inc.
Summary: This book is about a couple of friends who love to ride their bikes together and ride them to school everyday. Two of them have new bikes and one of them, Ralphie, has a old hand-me-down bike from his brother Justin. Then something awful happens and someone steals Ralphie's bike from school. Ralphie is really upset about his missing bike, but he is in luck because his two best friends are detectives. Now can Jigsaw and Mila find Ralphie's missing bike? They are going to go an adventure to find Ralphie's missing bike, but lets just hope they find Ralphie's bike. I would use this book in my class to read to my class as a whole. We would read only a few pages or a chapter a day. I would use this bike to get the students attention. I would do this because almost all kids have bikes and would hate for someone to take their bike and most kids like mystery and trying to solve problems. I really feel like the book would appeal to them and interest them. I would also keep this book in my classroom library.

No comments:

Post a Comment