Picture Book 11 --- Buzz Boy and Fly Guy

Title: Buzz Boy and Fly Guy
Author: Tedd Arnold
Illustrator: Tedd Arnold
Genre: Comic Books and Graphic Novels
Sub Genre: Picture Book
Theme: Superheroes, Comic Books, Pirates, Super Powers
Characters: Buzz Boy, Fly Guy, Dragon Dude, and Pirates
Awards: N/A
Publishing Date: 2010
Publishing Company: Scholastic Inc.
Summary: This book is funny and its fun to see how children's imaginations work. The book is written form a child's point of view and it is like you are inside his imagination. Buzz boy has a pet fly named Fly Guy and they get these names from the comic book that Buzz Boy writes about how the two of them turn into superheroes. They go on a wild adventure to save their house and they make a friend and add him to their superhero team. I would use this book in my classroom if I had boys who were struggling to stay interested in reading and may find some of these themes interesting. It could also interest boys who do not like to read books but like to read comic books.

1 comment:

  1. I read I Spy Fly Guy from this same series, I thought it was so funny. Buzz boys lost fly guy which was an adventure. I had not thought of getting boys interested in ready throw those books but I think that is a really good idea. The books are really short which would motivate them to read it instead of thinking it is too long.

    ReplyDelete