Picture Book 5 and Poetry Book --- Giant Children

Title: Giant Children
Author: Brod Bagert
Illustrator: Tedd Arnold
Genre: Poetry and Rhymes
Sub Genre: Picture Book
Theme: Life experiences and relationships, School life, Siblings, Animals, Family and social structure
Characters: Multiple Character for each poem
Awards: N/A
Publishing Date: 2002
Publishing Company: Dial Books for Young Readers
Summary: This book was absolutely adorable. It has been my favorite book so far. It is looking at the world through children's eyes and seeing how they think and communicate. The poems are all about how children view the world and form relationships. The poems in the book are very funny to read. There are several poems in the book about sibling rivalry and boogers and food. It is just really cute and almost all of the poems rhyme. The books pictures are also very vivid and they really add to the enjoyment of the poems. The pictures really lure the reader in to reading the poems. I would use this book to introduce poetry to my class.I would use this book because after reading the book I do not see how anyone would not enjoy poetry. The poems are also something that I believe my students would be able to relate too.

No comments:

Post a Comment